News & Events
hehjar met with Dr. Agnishekhar at the 3rd World Kashmiri Pandit Conference headquarters at F-177 Hari Nagar, Old Janipur in Jammu. Several organizing team members including Mr. Khembri and Mr. Moza remained busy even late into the night. Dr. Agnishekhar was working at his own desk with several checklists pinned up on the walls around him as his wife, the eminent writer Dr. Khema was busy jotting down some conference points. Even in this hectic scenario, hot tea was served to all present. How community service efforts need the passionate and selfless involvement of one’s entire family!
2. The conference will explain the loss of the KP community by establishing it’s connect with the scourge of global terrorism. They will explain that the brief quiet of many in the community is to be understood as the effect of pain-killing drugs and not as the healing of our deep wounds of separation from our motherland.
3. The conference will be a clarion call to the Indian nation, where the Indian State is in conflict with the Indian Civilization. The apathy of the Indian State towards the issues of KPs is one of the results of the situation. A new wave of Islamic imperialism is making Bharat a past tense in the constitution of India. The KP understands this well because he has seen such events in the flow of time and even more so Panun Kashmir understands this because it has in a scholarly manner studied the situation and analyzed it thoroughly.
4. Jammu people are the victims of communalism and not regionalism. Panun Kashmir intends to connect with the people of Jammu in the spirit of its earlier work with the Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti.
5. The main political session will discuss our struggles, challenges and also work on building new alignments. Representatives of 55 lakh Saraswat Brahmins who have an inalienable claim on Kashmir will be at the conference.
6. A session for women will be a highlight. We need to build a support structure for the KP woman of today who is many times a career woman besides being a family woman.
7. Youth opinion will be cultivated. The community, their parents, KP organizations have all invested in building the professional KP youth of today. We need to help them maintain a strong connect to Jammu and Kashmir.
8. Sharda Samman awards will be conferred and Sh. Amar Nath Vaishnavi will be honoree for the Lifetime Achievement award.
9. Cultural programs and performances will be a treat to remember. Arts and Artists will be showcased and presented.
3rd World Kashmiri Pandit Conference
F-177, Hari Nagar
Dear Community Members,
It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that the preparations for the forthcoming 3rd World Kashmiri Pandit Conference are going on with full gusto. Hundreds of Panun Kashmir activists are currently involved in making the conference a huge success. With the grace of almighty and the good wishes from all of you, I am sure ‘we shall accomplish’.
|Copyrights © 2007 Shehjar online and KashmirGroup.com. Any content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, or distributed in any form or context without written permission. Terms & Conditions.
It really was a feeling of shehjar to have got SHEHJAR APRIL 09 issue thru e mail. Very well worded summary preparations of forth coming WKPC 3 at Jammu made me feel very special intimacy and warmth with SHEHJAR.
Added By Khema Kaul
The third Kashmiri Pandit World Conference is going to be an epoch in the history of exiled community. It is going to be an oasis in the political desert of the exiled community.Its dynamics will encompass much of the pain and melodies of threatened community.One is eagerly looking forward to the conference dates so that a new path is broken. Rajesh Dhar
Added By rajesh k dhar