Full text of the Letter submitted to the PM of India on his US visit
organizations of national and international standing and the three million plus members of the Indo-American community, particularly the uprooted Kashmiri Hindus and Sikhs, take this opportunity to welcome you to the United States of America. We also thank President Obama for updating the US policy and extending a personal invitation to you for visiting the White House so an exclusive and an uninterrupted dialog on the state of US-India relations could take place. Understanding fully the significance and massive dimensions of US-India relations we welcome this meeting and hope that it will produce mutually beneficial results.
Our organizations representing the American and Indo-American communities are specially pleased in presenting this memorandum to you for you are fully aware of the minutest details of the history of Kashmiri Hindus and the conspiracy hatched by Pakistan, ISI, Al Qaeda, Taliban and the local Islamists in 19089-90 that radically altered the composition of the demography of the state. For being scrupulously patriotic and loyal citizens of India they were targeted and rendered country less and homeless and all their rights were trampled upon. We thank you for staying at the top of this development at every stage and for extending practical help and support to the homeless and hounded Kashmiris.
We express our profound gratitude to Sh. Rajnath Singh , your Home Minister, for writing to J&K CM urging that he should identify land for resettling the Pandits near their native places in the state. This otherwise well intended plan seems to guarantee a cruel dispersal of a minuscule community which has already lost its moorings. Worse yet dispersing them through out the valley amongst the Islamists, Jihadists, Wahabis and terrorists who in the first place have been responsible for driving them out is tantamount to providing them an additional opportunity of committing another genocide and ethnic cleansing to achieve complete decimation of the Pandit community their cherished goal. We are sure that is not your, BJP’s or Shri Singh’s intent. Then why should your Govt. lend its support to this treacherous plan devised by the Sonia-MM Singh regime the regime that lived and died for Jihadists. We submit that your Govt. should exercise the powers vested in it by the doctrine of eminent domain and direct the State Govt. to make available well identified territories for resettling the victims of ethnic cleansing. Under this doctrine Govt. has power to take any property for public use. Constitutionally J&K is an integral part of India where the Indian state exercises sovereignty. Accordingly it has full judicial standing to apply the “doctrine of eminent domain” for the purpose. That way the Pandits, Sikhs and other victims of Jihad could be settled in a contiguous area with infrastructure and instrumentality of a state or union territory and the applicability of the Indian Constitution. That is the only pragmatic solution to the internal crisis perpetrated by the radical Islamists in Kashmir.
Our thanks must also go to the members of your cabinet and all those members of the Indian Parliament who dared to break the cycle of silence and indifference and boldly spoke about the injustice, discrimination, death, destruction, persecution and the expulsion of the ethnic minorities of Kashmir. It is for the first time that the cabinet of the national govt. and the top brass of the parliament so publicly spoke about the possible demise of the small community of Pandits which has in many ways greatly contributed to India’s historic march towards modernity and enrichment. We attribute this welcome political change to your leadership and emergence as the national leader of India.
While shedding crocodile tears and without meaning to reverse the genocide and ethnic cleansing of these violently expelled communities from Kashmir the defeated congress regime presented for public consumption a few frivolous plans of its own. They included building twin cities, setting up security zones, satellite cities at Dist. HQs, offering jobs if the exiled return to the valley and fattening of the eco-package for rehabilitation. However all of the communities in the region squarely rejected those dishonestly floated plans. The majority community which is now thoroughly radicalized and fundamentalized and has supremely benefited by the expulsion of Hindus simply does not want the exiled back. The Hindus were driven into exile seven times and they are not willing to allow any more experimentation with their lives. For them returning to the valley is unthinkable without safety, security, political empowerment, reversal of genocide and ethnic cleansing and constitutionally built-in conditions denying all temptations and opportunities to the Islamists for resorting to hate crimes, loot, murder, arson and plunder again.
Shri Modi, we ask that your Govt. must reject those superficial plans of rehabilitation advanced by the Congress regime and develop a new realistic plan to rehabilitate the victims of Jihad with security and empowerment. Such an out of the box and pragmatic plan must aim at resolving the issue of violent Islamic expansionism and land grabbing once and for all. Not taking in to consideration the suppression, persecution, dehumanization and decimation of ethnic minorities in neighboring Islamic countries for effectively dealing with the radical Islamization and Wahabi conquest in Kashmir could be a costly blunder for India. Ignoring the fact that the separatist crusade in Kashmir is a war for balkanization leading to establishment of a “Nizam-e-Mustafa” will extract heavy costs from India. Furthermore, we cannot disregard the fact that it is the same barbarian philosophy which embolden the Islamists to behead James Poley, an American journalist, Steven Sotloff US-Israeli journalist, a British official, the killing of Shiias by tens of thousands, kidnapping, raping, and auctioning women into slavery, in ISIS held territories only weeks ago and that criminal conduct goes on.
The people in general understand that the return of exiled Kashmiris is not an issue of economic packaging. Instead it is an issue that brings into focus the savagery of the Islamic civilizational war and the need to invent a new political dispensation, after dumping the prevailing status quo, and re-organizing the state with intent to expand participatory democracy and freedom. “Democracy does not mean tyranny of the majority” as it is in the Muslim controlled Kashmir. The establishment built by the handful of Sunnis from the valley is neither democratic nor secular. It is simply an extension of Mr. Jinnah’s two nation theory in which Wahabis, like the ISIS in Iraq and Syria, have neither the tolerance nor acceptance for the people of other faiths and ethnicities. Actually the dynastic leaders of Kashmir have already imposed Sharia on the state despite India being a secular country where laws borne out of religions cannot have any relations with the official jurisprudence.
Shri Modi Ji, the perfidious content of India’s Kashmir policy as applied by the regimes in office before your thunderous victory leading to your elevation to the position of Premiership was thoroughly anti-Hindu and anti-Indian. Even the most legitimate, legal and constitutionally viable demands and aspirations of the patriotic citizens were termed communal and rejected. Among others they included:
- * Treat us as full-fledged citizens of India without the wall of separation built by the temporary article 370 of the Indian Constitution;
- * J&K Govt. be run under the Indian Constitution;
- * Let all Kashmiris enjoy the same liberties, rights and obligations as any Indian citizen;
- * India being a secular state there should be no Muslim hegemony and Sharia law in the state;
- * There should be true freedom of faith for all without Muslin dictations for non-Muslims;
- * Hindu temples should not be controlled and managed by the Muslims and fake Puja performed by the Muslims in order to get Govt. jobs; minorities should have freedom to exercise their traditions and Indian-ness 24/7; they want to live and raise their families amongst the faithful and loyal Indians and not under the shadow and watchful eyes of Islamists, terrorists, militants, anti-Indians and anti-Hindus;
- * They want to have statues of Guru Tegh Bahadur Singh and Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, who sacrificed their lives for Dharma & Kashmir, in every conspicuous place in the state;
they want to live where their temples, shrines and places of worship are not looted, vandalized, desecrated, destroyed and turned in to mosques;
they do not want to live in places where their daughters, sisters and women in general live under the threat of being kidnapped, raped, murdered and forcibly converted and married to die hard Islamists;
- * Restoration of original names of villages, towns, cities and other conspicuous and historic places that have purposely been given Islamic names; they firmly believe in one country, one president, one constitution and one flag; they want to have freedom to shape their future and rebuild their communities;
All these transformational goals can be achieved only when ethnic minorities of Kashmir have a domain of their own where Islamists, fundamentalists, Wahabis and terrorists have no say. The Islamists of the valley understandably have opposed tooth and nail any new geopolitical and administrative arrangements of the state for they do not want to surrender the ill begotten gains made by them through Article 370, separate constitution of the state, blind appeasement and unsupervised aid and support of the federal govt. and of course ethnic cleansing, genocide of the ethnic minorities and the total take over of their traditional and ancestral properties under duress. The Sunnis simply do not want to surrender what they call the fruits of Jihad therefore they violently oppose the return of the expelled ethnic minorities.
Even after an historic victory by BJP in national elections the communal and discriminatory conduct of the state Govt. has remained unchanged. The latest assaults and attacks by the Islamists on Hindu shrines, temples and places of worship (given below) speaks volumes about the communal and discriminatory policy of the Sunni establishment and their determined provocative actions against the possible return of the ethnic minorities to the valley:
- * The rejection of permission by the CM to perform traditional Puja by Hindus at the Kausar Naag;
- * In retaliation the performance of Nimaz and building walls of loose rocks for a future mosque at this Hindu religious site in Kausar Naag obviously with the help of officials and the Hurriyat separatists;
- * The desecration of the holy shrine of Kheer Bhawani;
- * Criminal violation of the judicial order for maintaining the status quo at the historic Martand Temple;
- * Organized a spate of violent attacks on pilgrims for Amarnath cave and destroyed hundreds of their langars and tents;
- * The Sunni leaders of all groups made protestations, speeches and statements against the return of the exiles;
- The grand mufti issued a Fatwa against the return of the ethnic minorities; To taunt Hindus and for showing his true colors the MC publicly gave a rousing send off to the first batches of the Muslim pilgrims for Hajj. This year more than 10,000 of them are being sent to Saudi Arabia for the purpose;
SET UP A HIGH POWERED DEMOCRACY & REORGANIZATION COMMISSION FOR J&K HEAD BY DR. SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY
We strongly urge that your Govt. should set up a high powered Democracy and reorganization commission for J&K under the Chairmanship of Dr. Subramanian Swamy with the following agenda:
- * Reversal of ethnic cleansing and genocide;
- * Empowerment of hitherto discriminated and marginalized ethnic minorities;
- Replacement of fundamentalization by Indianization;
- * Political, ideological, social and organizational integration of J&K with India;
- * Reversal of sales of Hindu properties made under duress and compensation thereof;
- * Reconstruction and renovation of temples hit by the Islamic militancy and recovery of their estates and incomes;
- * Expansion of participatory democracy;
- * Territorial, administrative, judicial and legislative organization of a homeland for the exiled communities with full flow of Indian Constitution;
- * Upon the recommendation of the cabinet the President of the Republic could add any additional portfolios.
- * The chairman of the commission should have cabinet rank status.
We would like to reiterate that India should not make the mistake of considering the ethnic cleansing of minorities in Kashmir as unrelated to the havoc created by ISIS, ISI, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Mujahedeen and other such Sunni fundamentalist groups against the democratic and civilized world. These murders have killed men, women and children as well as raped, kidnapped & auctioned women and children by the millions. They decimated minorities and occupied territories of recognized states. Since Kashmir has been turned upside down by the same forces, you, Shri Modi, must consider asking Mr. Obama to upgrade the US policy on Kashmir and warn all visible and invisible foreign operatives in the separatist Jihad to get out of Kashmir; also the US should press upon the Govt. of Pakistan to vacate her illegal occupation of PoK, demolish all terrorist structures, training camps and Jihad factories in Pakistan and PoK; the US should suspend all military aid to Pakistan; cancel the delivery of $ 7 billion worth military supplies left in Afghanistan; compel Islamabad to outlaw all terrorist organizations in Pakistan and stop exporting Jihad. It does not make any sense that on the one hand we fight terrorism to save our civilization and on the other hand we aid and support the epicenter of global terrorism i.e., Pakistan.
We commend President Obama for not taking casually the declaration of war against the US by ISIS. Similarly India and the US should jointly retaliate against the latest declaration by Ayman Zawahari about the formation of “Al Qaeda in the Indian Sub-continent” for supposedly rescuing Muslims there from injustices and oppression. Zawahari’s announcement is a call for crusade to subjugate and conquer the free world for establishing the “Nizam-e-Mustafa”. The war has been brought closer to our door steps and now we must fight back and as theUS Vice President Joe Biden declared follow them to the gates of hell and leave them there to rot. The US, India and other freedom loving countries must fight this war in unison and fight it to the finish for this serpent poses a great threat to humanity when left alive.
We thank you Prime Minister Modi for your time and consideration. We hope that you will consider the contents of this memorandum seriously and will keep us informed about actions taken.
INDIAN-AMERICAN INTELLECTUALS FORUM
GLOBAL HINDU HERITAGE FOUNDATION
EURASIAN AND AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS FORUM
DR. K. N. PANDITA
KASHMIR HINDU FOUNDATION INC,.
DR. JAGAN KAUL
PANUN KASHMIR INTERNATIONAL
DR. AMRIT NEHRU
|Copyrights © 2007 Shehjar online. Any content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, or distributed in any form or context without written permission. |