I am collecting any and all books, of ALL AGES (children books, school/college subject books, casual reading, etc) to give away to kids in India. (Children books in demand) There are thousands of kids, of all ages, who are unable to get an education or get a poor education, due to several reasons, all over deprived areas of India. I don’t think any reason is good enough for a child not to receive an education. One way to help improve is ‘Book Drive!’. I am trying to collect these books and distribute them to poor families who can't afford any education for their children, to individual kids with interest in a particular subject, and to schools that run primarily on donations of individuals and/or organizations.
You can donate any educational material: Stationery, Books, School supplies & Music (old cassette tapes, CDs and even old CD/Cassette tape players). This would be a small help to Brighten and Enlighten Young Inquisitive Minds.
All proceeds will go to: Akanksha and Inda Rural Development Fund:
I plan to visit Laleshwari Study Center, Nagrota camp, Jammu, Akanksha center at Chinchpokli, Mumbai, and RDF School - Kalleda, in Warangal District, AP
Did you know?
According to 2001 Census:
- In India, where one of the oldest civilizations flourished, only 65% of the population is literate
- The number of out-of-school children between the ages of 6 and 14 was 25 million in 2003.
- India accounts for one-quarter of the world's 104 million out-of-school children.
- Over Sixty percent of the children in low-income families have no books at all.
Recent studies confirm that the availability of reading material is the strongest predictor of a child's ability to read and later academic achievement.
Your help is needed NOW!
For Donation of Books or supplies:
- In Florida, donation drop off location is at: 10400 N.E. 5th Ave, Miami Shores, FL 33138 (USA).
- Other States, please ship to: Neha Ganju, 2123 Cobblestone Way Ct., Terre Haute, IN 47802 (USA)
- In India, Please ship or drop at following locations:
- 241, Konark Apartments, Pocket A/4,Kalkaji Extension,New Delhi-1100192, or
- A/10, Ganga Triveni Apartments.Rohini, Sector 9, New Delhi-110085
For Tax Dedutable Donations by check:
If you have any question, please contact: Neha Ganju at
or (786) 546-6947
Vice President, Youth affairs, IACF-USA
|Copyrights © 2007
. Any content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, or distributed in any form or context without written permission.
Terms & Conditions.