Happy New Year
We wish all the readers and supporters of Shehjar a happy and healthy new year 2022. We are delighted to present the 2022 New Year Issue of the online magazine with rich content. We have several young authors, and an equal number of established ones. Jigyasa Raina unhesitatingly writes about a so far taboo topic and authors including K.N. Pandita and Chaman Lal Gadoo talk about other difficult subjects. We have many other articles of note and are confident that you will enjoy them. The ones that did not find a place in this issue will be highlighted in our February issue.
As 2021 winds into 2022, we remain anxious about the continuing impact of Covid on humankind. Hopes for normalcy remain on a prayer even though we have become better prepared mentally and organizationally.
During the past 2 years, large populations have suffered, even as most have been able to adapt to the “new normal.” Working remotely has become acceptable and that has caused migration of white collar and technical workers to more ideal locations for them. Students are being forced to transition between remote and on-campus learning depending upon whether a Covid variant’s effects are ebbing or surging. Families and friends are being compelled to stay apart for longer intervals. Travel has become complicated and even the movement of goods has been severely affected.
So, what can we do about this situation? We believe that humankind is resilient, having successfully overcome pandemic and disaster situations in earlier times. Even this time around, people have found individual or family unit workarounds to move forward with lives and make forward progress. Governments, administrations, businesses and institutions have learnt to create and modify codes for operations on the fly. There is much better preparedness. We just need to continue and soldier on - Keep our mind strong and actions positive.
On its part, Shehjar will do its best to remain enterprising and bring you new content. Shehjar is the watercove of the Kashmiri community and your getaway to Kashmir. It is teamwork. Shehjar is collaboratively building a vision for our Kashmiri community as well as a reflection of Kashmiri culture, news and views to the world. Our mission is to Research and Broadcast honestly.
Shehjar is what it is due to your contribution and support. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org your feedback and new ways to improve and how else you may like to contribute. Please send us content that you would like to see published.
With Best Wishes for 2022 and Forever,
Deepak Ganju and Arun Koul
SOME WELL-KNOWN EVENTS OF 2021
1. Joe Biden take charge as the President of the United States of America.
2. Covid remained a disruptor, with new variants causing loss of life and economic damage.
3. Afghanistan moved to the control of the Taliban and by proxy, Pakistan and China.
4. Many western countries were forced to deal with crises of large-scale migration.
5. Covid Vaccines reached large sections of the population reducing the deadly impact of the virus on the vaccinated.
6. Tom Brady won another Super Bowl, this time as QB of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
7. Elon Musk became the wealthiest person in the world, over Jeff Bezos.
8. OTT (Over the Top) Content creation and distribution grew exponentially
9. Cryptocurrency continued to attract traction and “investment.”
10. Eminent Kashmiri, Dr. K.L. Chowdhury passed away.
11. Property values across the U.S.A grew considerably.
12. India administered more than a billion vaccine doses.
13. Courts passed strictures against the TMC government Post poll violence in Bengal.
14. Neeraj Chopra won Olympic Gold for Javelin thorw.
15. The India cricket team won a Test Series in Australia for the first time ever.