Nagarjuna Ganjoo - Tributes

Tributes
Nagarjuna Ganjoo

His Life and Memory
Deepak Ganju

The untimely and tragic death of our beloved Naagji has come as a shock to everyone who knew him and thousands others who did not know him but had befriended via his e-mail admission alerts. I personally knew Naagji and his entire family through my wife, Chandra’s family. Everytime I visited Chandra’s parental home in Sathu Barbarshah I would meet the Ganjoo family as well. Naag ji, of course was a young boy then. Later when he became active in community activities, I got to know him more and more through his selfless work and determination.

I was especially touched when he took out time to meet me alongwith his two close friends, Sanjay Wali and Dr, Romesh Raina at Kalkaji coming all the way from Dilshad Garden when I visited India as KOA President. He talked about the ideas he had for the community as a whole and youth in particular. I was really amazed by his zeal and dedication. Last, I met him was, in Delhi at Kashmiri Pandit United Forum KPUF conducted Annual cultural Day celebrations at Pyare Lal Bhawan auditorium, New Delhi on February 7th, 2009. We talked on community matters for a long time and he stressed a need to support our scholars as well as our young talented artists. Once again his zeal and enthusiasm struck me . I came back thinking that with such selfless workers around, our community is blessed. Nagji's picture above was taken by me during the function not knowing that this image I will be using for his eulogy in Shehjar. Little did I know that this would be my last meeting with this thorough gentleman. I have no words to express my grief and in any case words are poor comforters. I just hope that God gives strength to his family to face this tragedy.

The images below followed by some comments from community members will provide some reflections on this young community activist and his family. I thank Subash Razdan who took time to obtain these images from the grieving family.

Early student days in Kashmir

With his wife and children

With his and brother Ashugosh's family and father Mannji

With his extended family

Top with his father Mannji and below with his scholar uncle Dr T.N. Ganjoo

With Sanjay Wali, President KPUF (L) and Dr Romesh Raina, General Secretary AIKS and Deepak Ganju, Shehjar (R)

At KPUF conducted Annual cultural Day celebrations on February 7th, 2009 at Pyare Lal Bhawan auditorium, New Delhi

His Ancestors

Mother late Sarlaji and Nagjee

Some tributes from community Members

Listen to Shradanjali (Audio) in Kashmiri by Subash Razdan, India
"Let me do it" were words you will always hear from Nag Ji; "Give me the CD's of Kashmiri Rhymes I will take to every KP in my neighborhood… it belong it my community".

Recently at IIC, he said to all of us present there "Let us come together; under one platform; who is stopping us….." Outside when we met that was the last time I met him. He said to me, “Your ------------ is great it belongs to every KP give me the brief in pdf.. I am going to send it to 15000 KP’s, it belongs to them they are going to benefit out of it." Before I could give him that pdf. Maa Sharda took him away from us.

No ego... no pride but Just Sadna of Service was the Hallmark of The Great-man…
Let us keep him alive and learn from his deeds, his actions and keep him alive for times to come.
Nag Ji... you are alive ... Alive in our heart… We will not abandon you mission of service.

Vikram, India
It is indeed a very sad moment for the entire community. While most people knew him as an activist and a selfless worker, I knew Nagjee or Naga Bhaya as I fondly called him at a personal level. Our families knew each other extremely well as they were not just our next door neighbors in kashmir but our extended family. Words fail me when I try to fathom this unspeakable tragedy. I remember his smiling and reassuring face always calm in all storms.
Strange are the ways of Almighty and at these sombre occasions we can only bow our heads down in the knowledge that what cannot be cured must be endured.. My heart goes out to his entire family. I hope God can give them courage to face this great tragedy. Words fail me when I think of his father,Mr. Bansi Lal Ganjoo, his sister Dolly didi and his brother Billu Bhaya. Of course, his young wife and young children. Life will never be same for any of them. I know having gone through some similar tragedies in my life as well.

Sunanda Zadu Vashisht, Houston, USA
I also had the fortune of knowing Naga Baya, fondly called by all the kids in the neighborhood, from my childhood. He was a loving and a very caring elder brother for all the kids in the neighborhood. He was one of the best persons I have known. This is the second tragedy that has happened to that family with his mother having passed away at a young age. My heartfelt condolences go to his dad, Babli didi, his wife and his kids. Also heartfelt condolences to his uncle, Dr.. T.N. Ganjoo. May God give them enough strength to deal with this tragedy? May we all learn the lesson of dedicated work from him and carry his work forward.

Ashtosh Ganjoo, Pittsburg, USA
I was stunned when my husband Deepak ji called with Nagji’s tragic news.
My legs trembled and my heart dropped, couldn’t believe that God would be so unfair and cruel that he would take him away so soon. It just seemed unreal.

Dear Nag ji was like my little brother and have seen him growing in front of my eyes. He was always smiling like his mother Sarla ji, who also left this world at the prime of her age. She was very loving, graceful, perfect and upright lady.

Last I saw Nagji at a function in New Delhi on February 2009. We had long compassionate conversation about our families. We talked about our lost homes at Sathu Babrbarshah. Least I knew that, it would  be our last  conversation.

This tragedy is beyond words to express grief. It is just impossible for me to gather words to console the Ganjoo family. There is, I know, little that one can do to help at the time like this but we all join in sending you sympathy and heartfelt love. It is impossible to fathom the depth of your sorrow but we pray God to give you courage to bear this unbearable loss.

I along with my family offer our deepest prayers and wish to let you know that we share your grief.

Chandramukhi Ganju, Miami, FL (USA)
LAST POST FOR NAGJEE

They seem like whispers to me,
faint and weak ,
at the end of the tunnel
with shadows and fleeting images,
engulfing the mortal world
Just piercing my soul with hidden spears
Nagee nagjee, Nagjee, Nagjee

left behind by the streak of light
on a dark moonless night
a meteor from across the galactic nothingness,
trying to give me a sign, a symbol, a flag staff
nagjee, nagjee, nagjee, nagjee.

for what it said,
for what it did,
for what it stood,
for what it believed,
fir what it loved,
for what it cared,
for what it laboured
all is still here,

It gave a path, a beacon, a flash
for all of us to cherish and love

I give back only a word
My frustration of playing the last post
with a broken pipe of dreams
still wanting to shout,
NAGJEE, NAGJEE, NAGJEE, NAGJEE.

Rahul Hakhoo.

From: nagarjuna ganju <nagjee...@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Jul 25, 6:10 am
Subject: ADMISSION ALERT - Letter of thanks <<<nagjee213>>>

Dear Community Members
Namaskar

While the mansoon showers continue to cool the environs of the country, the admission process for the migrant students of the community are on the last legs of conclusion. With the advent of admissions in Uttaranchal and Gujarat states, the on going migrant quota for the academic session 2007-2008 for the technical courses is presumed to reach to an end. I may have to accept it with sorrow and pain that my lively interaction with so many eager information seeking parents whom I was in touch since five months through my Internet ADMISSION ALERTS has also came to an end.

Well! At the end of the day, I definitely feel a relieved and a relaxed person. I know thousands of Kashmiri Pandits who got their wards admitted in the technical colleges across the country must be feeling the same way. Nonetheless, I am more than convinced all my community students would have appropriated their admissions without my admission alerts massages. But an overwhelming response to my maiden information sharing mechanism through the net has made me to strongly believe that there certainly lays scope for a process wherein the confusion and curiosity of an eager parents is humbly addressed.

The response and the reaction that I received from my Kashmiri Pandit brothern over ADMISSION ALERT process have been thrilling. In my 33 email addresses and few Yahoo and Google groups of KP’s in the beginning ended with more than 850 email addresses and nearly 16 groups on so alert communication, have got almost 100’s of reverse net and phone enquires and perhaps thousands of gratitude and suggestions.

I am indebted to all those who encouraged me to carry forward the process that continued for more than five months. I promise to resume the process for the next academic session 2008-2009 too, with enhanced vigor and precision.

Lastly I impart my felicitations to all those young ones who secured admissions in the various technical colleges of the nation and made the entire community proud. I am dead sure that this large pool of Kashmiri Pandit technocrats will make our community soon entitled to the name of “COMMUNITY OF TECHNOCRATS” in the census of the country. The proud parents for sure have reasons to smile.

Regards
Yours own
Nagarjuna Ganju
25.07.2007

Extremely shocking! Great loss to the KP community all over the world! Cruel hands of fate have snatched the life of a dedicated, energetic activist whose void it is difficult to fill. May his soul rest in eternal peace!

Gopinath Raina, Miami, USA
I am shocked, stunned, disheartened and deeply mourn the sad and untimely death of Nagji. From the very bottom of my heart, I always loved, adored and respected him. His passing away is a personal loss to me. May the precious and noble soul of Nagji rest in peace and heaven and May God Almighty give his family, relatives and friends enough strength and courage to sustain this irreparable loss. My deepest sympathies & heartfelt condolences to respected Ganju SaaB, Mrs Nagji Ganju and children, Mr Azay Zaroo, his family, relatives and friends. God has been very unkind to us but I am sure his pious Aatma has merged with Param Aatma.

Hari Koul, Canada
A great loss of a noble modest social worker for the community. May his Soul rest in peace. Our heart felt condolences to the bereaved family.

Jawahar Sadhu, United Kingdom
In Memory of Great soul:

The Fragrant flower of rare beauty,
left the mortal frame to join eternity.

He was simple like a child,
though looked stern but was mild.

He was mine, and so much thine,
he was filled with, love divine.

Truth he held more than life,
righteousness was his only strife.

He was brave to face many odds,
the path he tread would frighten Gods.

And there he was always right,
More gracious than the sun so bright.

The light so bright shall always lead,
to peace, joy and love we need.

Prof.R.L.Kaul
I never met Nagjee but I felt that I knew him well. I knew him from his deeds. There are many of us on this forum who have personal anecdotes of their interaction with Nagjee. Would you please share such personal interactions and immortal memories of Nagjee?

Arun Koul, Boston, USA
Our deep sorrow and condolences at the loss of this special person. We did not know him in person but his emails kept coming. A great loss to the Kashmiri community.May his family be blessed with courage.

The Sapru family, UK
Shocked to learn that dear Nagji is no more amongst us. It is a catastrophe; community has lost a great Karam-Yogi. His self less contribution will remain alive in the minds of the community youth.
The Kolkata Biradari extends heartfelt condolences and sympathies to his berieved family.and friends.His memory and mission has to be kept alive. I suggest that a " Nagji Memorial Foundation " be formed for which AIKS should take the initiative. The objective of this foundation will be concering education promotional programmes for the community and specially keeping the " Admission Alert".alive and expandingly functional.

I am requesting Dr. Raina to place my this suggestion, together with heartfelt condolences, in the condolence meeting to be held at Kashyap Bhawan , KSD, tomorrow.

Kashmir Sabha, Kolkata is shocked and stunned by this sad news.Itconsiders it a responsibility to come forward and consider providing the seed money, from Kolkata Biradari, for the proposed Nagji Foundation for Educational Promotion. AIKS may please advise further in this connection and provide necessary guidelines.

With condolences and symapathies and prayers for the peace of the departed soul,

Brij Krishen Moza, Kolkata, India
There are few people in the world who make an imprint on the minds of all and make a special place in the heart of hearts. One such person is dearest Naagarjun Ganjoo ji popularly known as Naag ji. I dedicate a poem to this great person who tirelessly contributed his share to the community that we see its impact over the internet these days though this forms a little part of the expressing feelings towards the great gentleman. Her is the poem:

"Yaad Pyaom"

Naagu Raadan Hunz Vuzuny Duyaan
Veeri Vaaran Hund Gyavun Wadaan
NagendraHarun Shahar Dazaan,
Gaam, Parvat, Vudri, Sar Tu Sabuz......Yaad Pyaom!

Nagaarjunun Soomyaar Dokhas Manz
Batan Hund Ganpatyaar Chopu Karith
NaguBaluch Phiza Tehrith Gamuch
Doony Kulyan Tal Phasal Vopdinu Kanh......Yaad Pyaom

Yaad Pyaom Naag Haras Naaly Hatis
Naag Valith Ganpatas Naryan
Naag Dandwat Matayi Namith
Nagan Proavmut Chu Shivlook.......Yaad Pyaom

Godnyuk Bodhisatva Nagaarjunui
Soomyaru Viharas Manz Dal Diwaan
Param Gyanee Seewak Manav Samajkui
Nag Dilan Hund Zotuvun Nug Banyav..........Yaad Pyoam

Marnu Khotu Sakh Goam Vuzmalu Brakh Pyoam
Kati Taam Vachh Krakh Naag ji Toath Me Sakh
He Dayi Kyazi Nohvuthanam Me Dakh
Pakh Troav Tamy Samai Ti Path Pakh............Yaaod Pyaom

Dalip Langoo, India
It is a very sad moment for the entire community and one wonders how God works. A truly selfless and focused community oriented person is no more with us. Nagji was like a one-man army and thought constantly for the betterment of youth.

Jeevan Zutshi, Fremont, USA
I had known Naagjee through the dedicated and unselfish work he did for the community. Indeed a great loss for his family and the community and for all those who knew him. He touched many hearts through his work. May God bestow eternal peace on his soul and give all (especially his family and friends) the courage to bear the loss.

Bushan Bhat, Canada
I personally don't know Sh. Nagarjuna Ganjoo Ji, however I came know him through mails, when I used to get an information about the Admission Alert and any talent exams for youths and Getting all those information without fail. In one of his mail he said that this he was doing as duty towards Community. A Great man can only do this duty .Now he is no more with us this is really a great loss for our community. May God give peace to the departed soul and give strength to the family to bear this irreparable loss.

Sumi Raina, UK
God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered, "come to me." With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best- Sh Nagarjuna Ganjoo jI you will remain in our hearts

Manish Zijoo
OH DEAR
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY .I REMEMBER LAST APRIL NAGJI CALLED ME TO GRACE SOME FUNCTION . I FELT HONOURED MORE SO WHEN HE MENTIONED WE ARE FROM SAME MOHALA CALLED SHITALNATH-
WE GOT TO MEET -
YES WE WILL......?

I REGRET I COULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE FUNCTION AS WAS BUSY WITH SHOW IN MUMBAI.
MAY B SOME OTHER TIME I THOUGHT
BUT TIME NEVER COMES BACK

I MISSED TO MEET HIM
WHAT A LOSS-

LOOKING AT HIS PICTURE TAKES ME DOWN THE MEMORY LANE OF MY CHILD HOOD WHERE, WE GREW TOGETHER IN THOSE GALLIS OF SHITALNATH I REMBER HIS BROTHERS. I REMEMBER HAVING MY SISTERS WEDDING RECEPTION IN HIS AAGAN. I REMEMBER HIM HIS HOUSE HIS FAMILY. PITY I HAVE NOT MET HIM FOR 30 YEARS . MORE SO FOR HIS SELFLESS CONTRIBUTION FOR COMMUNITY IS UNPARALLED .SOME PEOPLE ARE GODLY SENT TO DO THE SERVICE TO MANKIND SO WAS HE. MY PERSONNEL LOSS.
NAGJI, WILL MISS U FOR EVER..................

VEER MUNSHI, India
Please see the attachment below :son of the soil nagji's birth place shitalnath

This section is devoted to remember those who have left us. An excellent way to pay homage to those who leave us in sorrow is to keep their memories alive for ever. This section of our journal is devoted to remember our near and dear ones after they pass into Eternity.
We request family members and friends to provide us information or update about any such happenings along with the picture of the departed souls at editor_shehjar@earthlink.net
Copyrights © 2007 Shehjar online and KashmirGroup.com. Any content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained may not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, or distributed in any form or context without written permission. Terms & Conditions.
Comments
My heart felt condolences for the family of Nagarjun ji .. He has left a void which is difficult to fill ... His contribution to the Baradri at a very crucial phase , will be remembered for ever .. May his soul rest in peace and may the lord Shiva give the strength to his family to bear this loss ..
Added By Rakesh Pandita
My hearfelt condolences to the family of Sh. Nagjee. May Maej Sharika give them the courage to bear this monumental loss. My family joins me in prayers for the atma shanti of the departed soul. Nagjee's email alert will be immensely missed by students yearning for a better future for themselves and their families.
Added By Sanjay Jalali
Let us not forget the sevice rendered by that noble soul to our community. If there are any initiatives to preserve his heritage or his commitments, let us come forward and gladly accept them as ordained by Him.
Added By Sanjay Jalali
It has been a heartbreaking news for all of us. I don't know why God did not listen to our prayers and took this Noble person away from us. May be he needed him more than we needed him. Our heart goes out to Nagjees family, friends and all his well wishers particularly, his wife, young children and his father. "The dance of destruction is over. Let us pine for salvation. The disciplined, self-controlled aspirant alone will be blessed by the flood of peace." - Sri Chinmoy
Added By Paviter Handoo
This is an untimely tragedy for the bereaved family and to the community because the noble soul was a true selfless soldier of KP's. Organisations very close to him have been admiring him for his selfless leadership qualities. It is great loss to them,friends & fraternity. We cannot imagine how his admission alert on internet proved a great timely help for aspiring students.Peace be to the departed soul.
Added By subhash C.Razdan
YES,THE UNTIMELY DEMISE OF DEAR NAGARJUN WAS A CATASTROPHE WHICH SHALL NOT HEAL SO EASILY.MAY LORD BLESS HIS SOUL IN ETERNAL PEACE,WHILE GIVING STRENGTH TO ALL HIS BELOVEDS IN HIS BEREAVEMENT..
Added By Er:Rajinder Raina/Rajaji
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.......
Added By Chander M. Bhat
May the "Atma" of Nagarjuna ji attain the eternal peace! He was of course, a very energetic young person dedicated to the cause of the youth for getting admissions in the professional institutions of India. He was very helpful to the community.
Added By Chaman Lal Raina
Aapkii "Atma" Ko Prabhu Parmeshvar Sadgati pradaan kare! Aapkaa kaarya kalaap Kashmiriyo ke migration Kaal ke Itihas mei sachmuch saraahniya rahegaa. OM SHANTI,Shanti Shanti!
Added By Jaya Sibu Raina
I knew Nagjee since he joined SBI Main Branch, Srinagar. I didn't know how many lives has he touched in recent years and risen to such a height that he has become elusive for all of us. May GOD give courage to his family to bear this catastrophe.
Added By VIJAY TICKOO
HEART BLEEDS ON HEARING THE SAD DEMISE OF DEAR NAGJI. MY VERY GOOD COLLEGUE. AND WE WERE VERY CLOSE TO THE FAMILY RIGHT FROM THERI ENSISTORS. MAY GOD GIVE HIM PEACE AND COURAGE TO DEAR MAN JI AND OTHERS. TEJ WATTAL S/O LT. PROF. WATTAL
Added By TEJ WATTAL
he demise of an energetic activist in a road accident in Delhi,sent shock waves tru the spines of all coming across his E-mail-. May God Almighty bless his soul to rest in eternal peace.
Added By Rajinder Raina
ADVERTIZE HERE